La Paz, Chuquisaca and Oruro Departments
Results from 2020
- 2,638 children made aware of the consumption of a variety of foods and the importance of dietary diversification.
- 5,300 trees planted for the reforestation of 7 ha of the Huacata reservoir, municipality of San Lorenzo.
- 358 members of 9 self-help groups (patients, family members, specialists...) involved in the promotion of mental health, physical exercise and healthy eating in health facilities.
- 442 carers trained in the management and prevention of diabetes, mental health and domestic violence in the context of confinement.
Food and economic security
- supporting producers or groups of producers in their economic development
- technical support for farmers in rural areas
- supporting vegetable gardening in urban and peri-urban areas
Partners : Aprosar, Alternativas, Esperanza Bolivia
- training of health care personnel in the management of non-communicable diseases (diabetes, hypertension, obesity)
- prevention and management of diabetes and hypertension
- prevention and support for women victims of gender-based violence
Partners : Aprosar, CIES et Esperanza Bolivia
DINA, REGION OF TARIJA
"In the future, we hope to have access to water in our homes, which will change our family's life! This project has made me more interested in the environment, advising my children to participate in environmental protection and becoming community leaders on climate change. For example, before the project we had no plants or reforested areas in our community whereas now we have 7 hectares reforested, which is very important for our environment and ecosystem."