Kampong Thom and Kampong Cham Provinces
Results from 2018:
- 527 new patients with mental disorders were treated in 2018.
- 88% of farmers supported and trained in sustainable agriculture continue to use the techniques learned and 75% of them see an improvement in their yields.
- 1,238 children were screened for mental health and 67 of them were referred for support
- A new self-help group of 24 farmers was established and they received training in sustainable agriculture.
Food and economic security
- Reunification of beneficiaries within self-help groups and support for organization of these groups.
- To increase food production by providing training on sustainable agriculture approaches
- To Improve revenues and support small rural entrepreneurship development
- To improve environmental protection and climate changes awareness and resilience
Partners : Mlup Baitong, Facilitator of Agri-Enterprises for Cooperatives (FAEC), Royal University of Agriculture (RUA) – Ecoland Research Center
- To promote and strengthen non-communicable diseases policy both at national and sub-national level.
- To strengthen evidence-based information, research and capitalisation on mental health, diabetes and hypertension.
- To strengthen the quality and accessibility to non-communicable diseases’ services.
- To establish and strengthen community-based mental health care and support.
Partners : Transcultural Psychosocial Organisation (TPO), Social Services of Cambodia, Center for Child and Adolescent Mental Health-Caritas, Department of Preventive Medicine, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse (DMHSA)
SORN, KAMPONG THOM PROVINCE
"I am a barber and a hairdresser. When I started my activity, I only had one chair in a room, and I was short of equipment. I did not make a good living. Thanks to Louvain Coopération, after studying my needs, they lent me $100. I was able to buy the equipment I was missing and every day I receive 10 to 15 clients. I was able to train two trainees and have access to a micro-credit. Today, I own my own barber shop."