Mono and Atakora Departments
Results from 2018:
- 1,81‰ of mortality rate for children under 5 are covered by the mutual health insurance companies supported by Louvain Coopération in the Atakora Department against 52,4‰ in the whole department.
- 156 tons of gari, 17 tons of tapioca and 27 tons of starch produced by the supported cooperatives (187 members including 145 women).
- 1,525 beneficiaries (46% of whom are women) were supported by the services of the South Benin Local Economy Desk (GEL – Guichet d’Economie Locale in FR).
- 85% of the environmental commitments made by the beneficiaries were respected, thus improving environmental practices in the production systems.
Access to healthcare
- support and development of mutual health insurance/li>
- strengthening of health system
Partners : UMUSOP, REMUSA ZS-C « MIVO »
Food and economic security
- strengthening and training of small entrepreneurs
- support for the processing and distribution of fonio in the Atakora department
- sevelopment of cassava processing and sales in the Mono department
Partners: GEL Nord Benin, GEL Sud Benin, GROPERE
JOSÉPHINE, ATACORA DEPARTEMENT
"I am the president of a fonio processors' association. Since our products have received quality certification, we have had more and more customers who trust us and order more of our processed products. We rigorously apply all the hygiene rules we have learned to maintain this course."