Despite a very complicated year, we stayed on the field and managed, together, to improve the daily lives of hundreds of families.
What if we revealed some of the results and successes achieved by our teams and partners in 2020?
In Kinshasa, our teams and partners accompanied 1,186 street children, including 360 girls.
In the big Congolese cities and more particularly in Kinshasa, thousands of children, sometimes very young, live in the street, left to fend for themselves. Abused, lost, driven away from their families... the stories of these children are different but they all survive in terrible conditions. With its partners, Louvain Coopération:
- meets their basic needs: housing, food, hygiene, health...
- offers them a psychosocial follow-up
- reintegrates them into society (schooling or professional training) and when possible into their families.
In Madagascar, our teams have reforested 26 hectares of mangroves, that is to say approximately 129,920 propagules planted. 403 inhabitants participated.
In Madagascar, mangrove forests, play a fundamental ecological and socio-economic role. But they are fragile and every year, they disappear a little more due to deforestation and climate change.
This destruction is a disaster for the environment, but also for all the families who live from fishing.
Louvain Coopération works to protect mangroves and supports fishing families. Concretly, our NGO :
- reforests, with the inhabitants, several dozen hectares of mangrove forest.
- raises awareness on the protection of mangroves and trains fishermen on the establishment of fish ponds as well as on the rational and sustainable use of fishing resources;
In South-Kivu, our teams and partners accompanied 1,652 patients in psychological suffering.
In this very difficult region of the Democratic Republic of Congo, conflict and poverty plunge the population into deep psychological distress. To help these patients, Louvain Coopération:
- Trains health care personnel in the management of mental health
- Ensures adequate care for patients in psychological distress
- Accompanies patients in their social reintegration
In the Democratic Republic of Congo, we have inaugurated 16 literacy centers.
Today, hundreds of people, mainly women, can learn to read, write and count. In the countries where we work, the statistics for female illiteracy are particularly shocking. Depending on the region, 28% to 69% of women are illiterate!
Louvain Coopération fights against this illiteracy in order to ensure that women receive social recognition and financial independence. Concretely, the NGO :
- Trains literacy teachers in the community to provide courses to those who wish to attend.
- Finances the premises and materials necessary for learning (chalk, notebooks, etc.) and organize the classes in the villages.
Do you want to build a fairer world with us?
Help us to make these actions last and multiply their impact!
With a donation of ...
You can also make a transfer directly from your bank account:
IBAN : BE28 7323 3319 1920 - BIC : CREGBEBB - Communication : M2104
Any donation of minimum 40 € accumulated annually is tax deductible.